Friday 11 May 2007

More inspired nudes

nude 4 in pencil from Edward Weston photograph May 07
nude 5 in ink from Edward Weston photograph May 07

nude 6 in ink from Edward Weston photograph May 07


I used Quink writing ink which splits with water into blues, and even browns as well as black and grey. I didn't wet the whole paper, I started off working dry, finding the main lines, and added water to my inked brush to paint in tonal areas. I wet the paper where I wanted the ink to spill freely. This technique is an interesting mix of the deliberate and the happy accident. I only had to blot a couple of times when I'd gotton impatient and hadn't let an area dry before working adjacent.






They were all done on A4 paper, but I've cropped each one as I saw fit.

2 comments:

Melanie Rimmer said...

I love these. I love the way they are cropped so the forms become almost abstract.

Anonymous said...

hey, cool they look very professional on here.
did u find anywhere that did life drawing classes?
xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails