Saturday 5 May 2007

drawing every day

kitchen April 07
Well nearly. But yesterday I was inspired. I had some time to myself and sat with a bottle of Quink ink (it's for writing pens, and it's non-permanent) and a glass of water and my brushes. I grabbed the book that had just arrived of nudes by Edward Weston, and started painting.
Eight paintings later, and I was exhausted but exhilarated. I was on a high for the rest of the day.
I promise to post images of them, but my digital camera ran out of batteries this morning, so I spent some time carefully mounting them, and some other work. So now I have an A3 folder of mounted work, and it's a great feeling of accomplishment to see them all together.
Here's a pencil drawing from a few weeks ago of the view into my kitchen. I was itching for something to draw at the time, and nothing was grabbing me so i just started recording what was in front of me. It would make a nice composition, with some more work. Maybe working bigger in ink.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward with great anticipation to you publishing your pen & ink drawings. Like this one of the view into your kitchen; feels 'easy', if you know what I mean. Any joy with my pen?

Melanie Rimmer said...

I like it too. it reminds me of Van Gogh's studies of his room, probably more because of the subject matter than any similarity in style.

Related Posts with Thumbnails