Thursday 10 May 2007

Inspired nudes

nude 1 in ink from Edward Weston photograph May 07
nude 2 in ink from Edward Weston photograph May 07 nude 3 in ink from Edward Weston photograph May 07

At last, here are the first of the ink studies from Edward Weston's nudes. I painted them in a craze, finding the lines and shadows, and translating these with ink on wet paper, which is a fast medium to work in. As I went, I lined up the paintings on the wall so I could see how I was progressing. I can see how I loosened up as I went on.

When I'd finished I felt full of energy, like I could take on anything. It was a real power trip. I'm not saying they're the best work I've ever done, but it was one of the most intense experiences I've ever had in painting. Now I'm itching to do some 'life drawing' from life.

1 comment:

Jared Shear said...

Hey Thanks for checking out my blog.....the watercolors are beautiful! Definitley my favorite, they are full of energy and mood...keep it up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails