Friday 16 November 2007

Roker skyline







Here are some more rooftops I drew yesterday. They're all from the alleyways behind my house. I love the way the buildings have been added onto, with extensions, skylights and conservatories. The back walls are different heights as people have fitted garage doors, or blocked in coal chutes.
The telephone wires cut across, and it's easy to miss them. I've drawn them too thick here. But I know they're going to be an important part in the final composition. I'm thinking about how to paint these full size. I may opt for acrylic rather than oil. I can worry about that later though.



3 comments:

Kaimor said...

Wow cool blog ! You should make a real website. This is the hosting I use:Hosting It's really cheap, I've been a client for almost two years.

Yellow said...

Thanks for the positive comment Kaimor. Glad you liked it.

Anonymous said...

These are lovely, Steph. Such economy of line yet you just know it's Roker.

Related Posts with Thumbnails