Sunday 4 November 2007

Creative Journal

Since October this year I've been keeping a journal of ideas, sketches, images, quotes, ideas etc. Also, the odd shopping list if that's all the paper I have on me. I keep it with me at all times. Well, most of the time. While waiting for my husband at the bank I drew a scene across the river, while waiting at Durham train station last night I sketched the grand entrance. I woke up in the middle of the night with an idea for a children's story, and instead of lying there, worrying that I'd forget the idea, I got up and wrote it in the journal.journal page 14 October 2007

It's good to get things out of my head and down onto paper, and it's good to have them all in one place, where I know they are, instead of on scraps of paper all round the house. Keeping a journal has also helped cement the idea that my thoughts and ideas, sketches, observations, hopes, regrets, and all part of an ongoing creative process for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good ! But what am I looking at, Steph ?

Yellow said...

Apols. This is a page from my journal. Whilst at college there was a sale of Southerby's catalogues, and this is a figure from a sale of African Tribal Art. It's just a random page I chose to illustrate the text.

Anonymous said...

Thanks seeking this nice article, it's absolutely famous blogs

Anonymous said...

We’re a group of volunteers and starting a brand new initiative in a community. Your weblog supplied us valuable information to work on. You have done a marvellous work!.

Related Posts with Thumbnails