Wednesday 7 November 2007

Can you tell what it is yet?


I am very excited. VERY excited. In fact I'm driving my hubby mad because of it.

Today, as I drove into work after dropping the kids at the childminder's I had to turn off the radio because I found it distracting. There was something in my head, and I didn't know what, and I needed time to think. So I thought. And I looked. And I thought some more. You know, I really shouldn't do that whilst driving; it's just not safe.

And then it came to me, in an expansive and awe-inspiring and urgent way.

When I pulled up in the car park I started drawing, too tight to start off with, and then I got it, and I would have carried on all morning, only I had to get into work.

As I drove home, I was bitten by it again, and by the time I got home I was fit to burst and was jibbering excitedly to my husband after a brief peck hello.

So, here's one preliminary sketch and, in the words of Rolf Harris "can you tell what it is yet?".

Tomorrow I'm intending to put brush to canvas, and maybe charcoal to paper. But for now you'll just have to trust me. This is going to be big. In fact I can't think of a subject matter that's much bigger. Any ideas yet?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No! I give in ! What is it?

Yellow said...

All will be revealed. Honestly, dad, can't you even guess? TJ got it straight off!

Anonymous said...

Yeah ? Well, TJ's cleverer than me. (But I never said that!!!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails