Thursday, 13 September 2007

and another....


I did this in a very short time. Originally I just wanted to use the yellow against the burgundy card, but I kept seeing more mid tones which I wanted to add, and ended with deep shadows in a dark blue.


Looking at it now, it looks quite feline, which wasn't the intention, nor is it anything I've ever been described as.

I am very happy with the loose depiction of the hair, and adding the ears finishes the whole thing off. I also like the contours of the forehead, though the right hand cheek is all wrong. Again, it was fun to do and I keep learning.

Seeing this again really wants me to do a self portrait in oils now.

2 comments:

Melanie Rimmer said...

I can see that each self portrait you do is developing and getting better. You look kind of wide-eyed and manic in them though. Are you doing them by looking at yourself in the mirror? I can imagine you looking really hard at the reflection, and therefore adopting a strange expression. As you said before, it's not your normal expression. You should definitely do one in oils. I'd be very interested to see how that turned out.

Bill of Ballaugh said...

I agree with Mel. The wide-eyed expression is very off-putting. Definitely not you, but, if it's the result of staring at yourself in a mirror,I can see how it happens. Is there any cure ?

Related Posts with Thumbnails