Tuesday 14 July 2009

Exercise 2 - colour

This was harder than I expected. but I enjoyed looking at the reflected colour in the fruit - the orange light cast onto the lime, the yellow of the lemon reflected back on the orange. I'm also surprised at how much reflected light there is underneath from the table top.
I didn't like the background he suggested of random cross-hatched marks, so I ended up using my trademark squiggle to fill in the blanks. I think it works here because the fruit are so solid.
This time I was stood at the kitchen window in late afternoon, so no messing around with bedside lams on kitchen units. But the light is fading, so the next one may be by candlelight.

2 comments:

Melanie Rimmer said...

I like the range of colours in each fruit. The lime in particular has a very complex colour range and it looks completely natural. You have also captured the texture of the citrus fruits well, the waxy pitted surfaces. Again the lime is the best one (did you do it last?)

Yellow said...

Yes, I painted the lime last. I'm not happy with the shapes of the shading on the orange so I may change that at some point.

Related Posts with Thumbnails