Sunday 29 June 2008

Buying Art

In Ibiza I found an amazing little are gallery, selling all originals or limited edition prints. None of the prices were over 2,000 euros, and most were under a hundred. This is a small oil painting done on a block of wood measuring about 8" square. It leap out at me as soon as I saw it. I had to go back the next day to buy it as I had very little cash on me. A bargain at 40 euros or just over £30. Apparently the artist is a 24 year old girl. The other pieces of her work were in reds and oranges, but this reminded me of the villa with the pool in the hills we'd visited the day before. I think the composition is just perfect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a delightful little piece. I commend you on your taste, Steph. It's also lovely that it has such personal memories for you.

jafabrit said...

I don't blame you wanting to go back and buying it, it is just charming.

Carson City Dishwasher Repair said...

Great ppost thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails