Friday 23 April 2010

Stripes







As you'll know, if you've folowed my blog for any period of time, I have a thing about self-portraits. Well here's some from around 1992 when I was studying Glass & Ceramics at Sunderland University. The course is still running, though they've moved sites from the fantastic Backhouse Park building & Monkwearmouth Glass Kilns, to the new National Glass Centre, only a stones throw from my current house.














Anyway, I painted horizontal lines onto my face, had photographs taken from various angles and pulling faces, then drew the results.
Then I made some string prints of a couple of the faces. Looking back, I like the two images viewed from above and below. I wonder what else is lurking amongst my old sketch books?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails