Monday 14 July 2008

Implied

face 1 I've decided to number these, and to ask you what emotions you think they convey. I know what I was intending, I would like to know to what extent I was successful.
I found myself grimacing a lot in front of the bathroom mirror before I could settle on a 'pose' which wasn't extreme. For two hours (I drew more than just these) I stood and looked and drew. The rest of the family were asleep, but I had the itch to draw.
face 2
My studio is set apart from the house, and I don't like going out there on an evening unless my family know where I am. My husband can be a heavy sleeper in the first part of the night, so if the children needed me I like to be available. And I was needed; my son was sick in his bed later on and called out for me, unable to clamber down from the top bunk because of the mess. I was happy to help, to be there quick-as-lightening when he needed me.
face 3
Even now, as I'm cracking on with washing out the bedding, I have no feeling of resentment for the work he's made for me, and I'm sensitive to the lingering smell only because I'm conscious of how it may disturb their sleep tonight. I must say that I'm happy to be their mum, and I was proud of their dad as he cuddled and soothed his son in our bed while I stripped the kid's room. I'm happy to report that our boy is fine this morning, full of life and eating heartily.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails