Saturday 12 July 2008

Emotions



A few days ago my dad commented that I looked very intense on the self portrait I was working on. I quipped back that some day I'd draw other expressions. Then I took myself, a small pad, and some felt tip pens into the bathroom and started pulling faces. Not satisfied with this, I turned my face to the right, and started over. I'm finding the angled view much harder, but as I'm keeping these studies quite loose I'm able to explore where the lines should be, and not be a perfectionist about it.


2 comments:

laura said...

These are just great: so expressive--and not just the "expressions" but your line ... Deceptively uncomplicated: I could look at these for a long time! They have a real feeling of exploration.

Yellow said...

Gosh, thanks Laura.

Related Posts with Thumbnails