Friday 14 November 2008

It was raining..

... all day yesterday, so I didn't dare take the camera up Penshaw Hill. But, I did do some work in the Moleskine Exchange I'm involved in. I'd been sitting on Brian McGurgan's book, the theme of which is STRETCH, and I'd been stuck for two months lacking both inspiration and drive. Anyway, the exchange has had a bit of a surge of energy this last week or so, so I took a look at it yesterday, opening the concertina pages which people had drawn and painted in before me, and I was immediately struck by the strong colour themes of purple and blue, orange and yellow which were running through it. There was also a great linear continuity which I wanted to add to. I won't publish the final piece just yet, because I'm posting it onto Lindsay of Non Linear Arts now, and we agreed not to spoil the surprise so that the recipient will get to look at it. But we are allowed to show 'teasers', so here's mine.

4 comments:

vivien said...

I like the look of this - lovely colour and texture :>)

Gesa said...

me too! great to see the moleys moving again too!

Yellow said...

Thank you Vivien & Gesa. As always, the work both of you have done in this book inspired me.

Brian McGurgan said...

Again with the tease - I can't wait to see the whole thing! I've got your book open now and am working out my thoughts, trying to build from your Genesis theme while making use of the gorgeous colors Lindsay left off with...

Related Posts with Thumbnails