Thursday 25 September 2008

Mind blowing

Last night I went to see Matthew Bourne's Dorian Gray at the Newcastle Theatre Royal. I was gripping, and overwhelming. Wow. I'm lost for words to describe the experience, but this morning I'm getting flashes of images and sequences from the production in my mind's eye. I have never seen a dance narrative before, and I wonder how much more I derived from it already knowing the story.

Now I want to re-read Wilde's book, watch any film adaptations I can lay my hands on, and also look into Bourne's work and see what else I can get to see. Edward Scissorhands is coming to London over Christmas. What I wouldn't give....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the drawing. I tend to remember things as impressions and movements (probably the ancient hunter genetics coming through) so I keep seeing more in the picture than you've actually put there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails