Thursday 3 April 2008

Quink Ink

I know, more pyracantha studies. But what else am I meant to draw at 7am when I manage to grab 20 minutes while the kids are eating breakfast? And yes, that is a bit of green you can see there. All the way on the drive into work I was thinking about using inks on an impervious surface to depict the back lit leaves. I want to make the branches more opaque, with more texture and modelling. This project has legs.




Then, again grabbing about 20 minutes after work before getting the kids, I did these two colour studies at Doxford Park. I especially like the one on the left, and they work upside down too!

3 comments:

Melanie Rimmer said...

I'm really enjoying the pyracantha studies. They remind me of Chinese brush painting, which I've always liked. So little is stated - so much is implied.

Anonymous said...

Your readers are doing it again, and this time it's one of my daughters. When I saw your latest pyracantha drawings, especially the one with the green leaves, I immediately thought 'Japanese brush pen studies'. Anyway, loving them. More please!

linda said...

You're really getting into your trees.Nice work. It's great to be able to focus like that. You learn a lot.

Related Posts with Thumbnails